Sunday, October 28, 2012

Impending Hurricane

Here in Baltimore, everyone is anticipating Hurricane Sandy’s arrival tomorrow.  We’ve gathered our bottles of water, extra batteries, and non-perishable food items.  We have candles and flashlights and books and booze.  The patio furniture is secure, the Halloween decorations are back inside. The only thing to do is wait.

I haven’t been officially diagnosed with anything yet; my only appointment with my doctor to date has been the preliminary one. He ordered a series of tests and we said we’d meet again once they were done. My disastrous HSG was performed by my clinic’s physician’s assistant and Google led me from her words to my self-diagnosis and probable treatment. My nurse confirmed my fears over the phone, told me to prepare for the worst. But the words haven’t passed my doctor’s lips yet.

I know this hurricane’s projected path; all the models agree. But we won’t know the extent of the damage until it hits.  The only thing to do is wait, and prepare for the worst.

No comments:

Post a Comment