Monday, May 6, 2013

9w6d: My Day So Far

I was away from home this weekend, which meant that I ate pretty badly and my body feels a little out of whack.  Then, when we got home I took an awesome nap, but it meant that I wasn’t that tired when it was time to go to bed at 10 and I did a lot of tossing and turning.  And we accidentially left our pillows in the car and didn’t feel like going to get them, which meant we were sleeping with fewer pillows on the bed than we are used to, which further exacerbated the sleep issues.  Here's how my day has gone so far with all of those factors working against me...

7:00 a.m.  Wake up after a horrible night's sleep.  Have awful taste in my mouth from the crackers I ate in the middle of the night when I felt nauseated.  Go downstairs to eat breakfast but there’s only a tiny bit of milk for my cereal because we didn’t do our normal Sunday grocery shopping.

7:30  Get in shower, feeling like a zombie.  Fantasize about calling in sick, but don't because I'm already taking Thursday off for my first prenatal appointment.  Beg Henry to walk the dog, which is usually my morning chore.

7:45  Get out of shower.  Headache hasn’t gone away; guess it’s here for good.  Fantasize about going back to bed.

8:00  Thank Henry for walking the dog.  Get dressed.  My shirt is tight; this might be its last wear for the next nine months.
 
8:10  Grab few remaining pregnancy-friendly foods (last apple, cheese stick, granola bar) to take to work.  Tell dog sorry since he still thinks I'm going to walk him, especially after I reach for my umbrella (which is right next to his leash).  Leave for work.

9:00  Arrive at work.  Decide that I’m not going to be a martyr – Tylenol is safe during pregnancy, and I have a horrible headache.  Raid the office first aid kit.

9:30  Headache is gone but Tylenol has upset my stomach.  I hate being nauseous.  If I was offered a deal where I could escape all morning sickness in return for not being allowed an epidural during childbirth, I would take it in a second.  Unfortunately no one arrives to offer me that deal and the nausea persists.

9:40  Eat all of the food I’ve packed in the hopes of watering down the Tylenol and settling my stomach.  It kind of works.

10:00  Try to make grocery list for after work trip.  Thought of grocery store makes me want to vomit, then take a nap.

11:00  Get e-mail from Babycenter about this week in my pregnancy.  How big is a kumquat?  Add kumquats to grocery list.

12:00 p.m.  Office meeting briefly distracts me from feeling horrible.

1:00  Head down to deli for lunch.  Plan on getting a BLT on a bagel, but there’s no bacon.  Have choice between deli meat (listeria!) or tuna (mercury!).  Decide on tuna since everything that I’ve read has said its ok to eat in moderation.  Feel guilty anyway.  Also get a ginger ale and a bag of chips.

1:05  Google eating tuna when pregnant before biting into sandwich.  Thanks to a typo, instead pull up information about playing the tuba while pregnant.

1:10  Tuna is delicious!

1:30  Ahh, my stomach feels so much better!  But I’m still exhausted.  Maybe I can put my head down on my desk for a second and take a little rest?

1:31  No, that’s really uncomfortable.
 
1:32  Am I sure?  I’m really tired.

1:33  Yeah, that just doesn’t work.

2:00  Nausea has returned.  Doubt tuna will be delicious on the way back up.

2:30  Wonder if I’m going to get any work done today.  Probably not.

2:35  Decide my only hope of feeling better is to complain on my blog.

1 comment:

  1. So funny! Glad to hear you are moving right along. As much as sickness stinks, as we all read, it means the babies are doing what they are supposed to be doing. Just think, it should be gone in 3 weeks (hopefully)!

    ReplyDelete