Thursday, March 21, 2013

Idiocy Averted


I was such an idiot this morning.  See, I’m taking an estrogen supplement right now. I have a reminder on my phone set up to go off at 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. so that I remember to take it.  I’m also taking progesterone, but that one’s three times a day – when I first wake up, when I’m about to go to bed, and in the middle of the afternoon.

This morning was my first day back at work since my transfer. Sometimes, when I haven’t been to work in a while, I sort of forget what my morning routine is.  The alarm will go off at 6, and instead of hitting snooze till 7 while Henry showers like I normally do, I wake right up and am out of bed before I remember that I can sleep a little longer.  That’s what happened this morning; I usually leave for work about 8:20, but I ended up about a half hour ahead of my normal schedule.

Before I left the house, I checked to make sure I had my progesterone in my purse. I did, and I was on my way. I got to my office, took my phone out of my purse, and there it was: “Reminder: Take Estrace!”  Fuck. I’d left for work too early to get the reminder before getting in my car, and my new schedule had thrown me off and I’d completely forgotten to take it.

So there I was with two options:
1.       Drive all the way home to take a miniscule 2 mg pill.
2.       Stay at work and wonder what damage I had done.

Of course I chose option #1 – I don’t want there to be anything I could have done differently or better this cycle to make me feel responsible if it is a negative.  I sent a few e-mails so that people would know I’d been to the office, added a meeting to my calendar for 9-9:30, and twenty minutes later my car was parked in front of my house with the flashers on while I ran in for probably less than ten seconds to swallow a tiny little pill.

At least I don’t feel guilty!

No comments:

Post a Comment