Monday, March 4, 2013

Numbers Rundown

Estrogen
At baseline: 47
Saturday: 82.4
Today: 241
(on Wednesday: 615)
(on Friday: 1064)

Follicles
Today:
6 on the left (!!!!!! Way to go lefty!)
4 on the right
I think I saw him measure one or two, but for the most part they weren’t measurable.
(On Wednesday:
8 measurable on the right (biggest coming in at 13)
1 measurable on the left
A few more unmeasurables on each ovary)
(On Friday:
8 measurable on the right, from 11-16 mm
Five little ones on the right
Lefty has some unmeasurables, but seems to have mostly dropped out)

Dosage
Gonal-F: 187.5 iu
Menopur: 150 iu
Ganarilix: Starting those tomorrow morning. Oh joy, another daily shot.

People I told about our IVF: 1
(It barely counted - it’s a long story but Henry and I have been going to a personal trainer…. I actually told her a while ago that I was doing fertility treatments as an explanation for why I was going to eventually drop off the face of the Earth, and since tonight is going to be my last visit for a while I told her details last week when we were scheduling this week.  So YES I did tell someone but it’s not really someone I see on a regular basis.)

Times I cried while telling people about our IVF: 0!

Times I was at brunch with my mother in law and I wasn’t sure whether I should give her an update because I know she’d like to know the status but is too polite to ask, but it also seemed like a weird non sequitur to announce the status of my uterus and ovaries to my WASP mother-in-law in the middle of a fancy restaurant, so I just dropped a casual reference to “my nurse” in the middle of conversation as a hint that it was ok to ask but she didn’t so I guess that’s that: 1

Times I managed to avoid a conversation with my mom by texting her after my appointment before she got a chance to call: 2

Years Henry has been alive as of today: 35 Happy birthday Henry!!!!!

Drinks I had this weekend: 2
(One at Henry’s birthday dinner with just the two of us, and one at his birthday dinner with his dad because his dad’s girlfriend is always very interested in whether I’m drinking and I just wasn’t in the mood to deal with her suspicion and how much can one glass of white wine hurt at this point?)

Times Henry injected me in my car this weekend (and no that’s not a euphemism): 2

Bruises on my stomach from the shots: 3

Days until my next appointment: 2

No comments:

Post a Comment