Tuesday, December 4, 2012

By the Numbers

Got the call from my nurse last night and my estrogen level is 100 – exactly where they want it to be!  So, I continued my meds at the exact same dose last night, will do so again tonight, and then tomorrow I’ll go in for more blood work and to get an ultrasound to see how my follicles are doing.  I’m excited, and a little nervous… hoping that I have lots of follicles that are all about the same size!
 
Even though I’m pleased with my perfect 100 (my overachiever self likes to think of it as a 100%), I am trying not to get too caught up on numbers.  If you read fertility websites, there is a LOT of dissection of what this FSH and that AMH level means.  But that’s just stressful and it’s not like I have any control over it, so I generally haven’t been asking for numbers that my doctor and nurse don’t freely share.  If they say it’s good, I’ll be happy and move on.

That said, I thought I’d share some of the numbers that I do know.  I’m quickly forgetting them, and this is as good a place as any to write them down.   Plus, even though I try not to stress, I’m always curious to see where other people were at this point, and maybe I can provide that for someone out there.  So, here are my numbers so far:

At my original day three appointment (if I remember correctly):
My FSH was 7.2
My estrogen was 52
Everything else was “normal”
I had 14 follicles on the right, 4 on the left

At my IVF baseline appointment:
My estrogen was 44
My FSH was “nice and low”
Everything else was where they wanted it to be
I had 8 follicles on the right, 8 on the left, and one 28.4 mm cyst

When they aspirated the cyst, they drained 20 mL of fluid (gross).

I’ve been taking 112.5 IU of Gonal-F and 75 IU of Menopur once a day.

On the morning after my second dose of stims (so stim day 3):
My estrogen was 100

On the morning after my 4th dose of stims (so stim day 5):
We’ll see tomorrow!!!



1 comment: